Sawyer PointONE™ Biological Water Filters
We launched the Sawyer Saves campaign to enable individuals to easily join us in bringing clean, safe water quickly and inexpensively to people in need. We've partnered with several prominent humanitarian organizations that are working toward solving the global water crisis and are sharing the inspirational stories of lives changed that we've personally witnessed.
All of our products use the Sawyer Hollow Fiber Membrane Filter to deliver 0.1 absolute micron biological filtration. Sawyer filters remove 7 log (99.99999%) of all bacteria like Salmonella and E. coli; and 6 log (99.9999%) of all protozoa such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
The filters are housed in different casings for different uses. Here are our most popular clean water solutions for international travel and disaster response:
- Sawyer PointONE™ Filter Kit & Sawyer Point Zero Two™ Purifier Kit
- Sawyer Squeeze Filter System
Sawyer Hollow Fiber Membrane Filters
Sawyer's Hollow Fiber Membrane filters are small, portable, easy-to-use, reliable, inexpensive, and can last a decade without needing to be replaced.
Our proprietary filter developed using dialysis technology, the Hollow Fiber Membrane filter has tiny "U" shaped microtubes with 0.1 micron pores to filter harmful bacteria and contaminants. The filter uses gravity and can be attached to any bucket or bag. The extremely fast flow rate and compact size (it weighs just 3 ounces) allows individuals to filter water in their own homes as they need it, eliminating the need for a large water storage system as well. The Sawyer filter is easily cleaned with an included backwash syringe.
The Sawyer PointONE™ Bucket Assembly Kit
We've made it as simple as it gets. No more digging wells if there is a water source, no constructing sand filters, and no more purification chemicals. No one has to boil their water to make it safe ever again. Families are able to hook up their filter literally in minutes to almost any locally found container. The gravity-operated filter and fast flow rate mean anyone, anywhere can have clean water in a matter of seconds.
- Just 4-inches long and less than 8 ounces, the Sawyer PointONE can deliver 1 liter of clean water in 60 seconds.
- The Sawyer PointONE is a POINT-OF-USE SYSTEM. Since there is such a high flow rate, it eliminates the need to store water which reduces the chances of water being contaminated after it's filtered. The only external force required for the system to function is gravity.
- All Sawyer filters deliver 0.1 absolute micron biological filtration, removing 7 log (99.99999%) of all bacteria like Salmonella, E. coli, Vibrio cholerae and Salmonella typhi (which cause Cholera and Typhoid); and 6 log (99.9999%) of all protozoa such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
The kit includes everything you need to attach the filter to any plastic bucket or container (bucket not included).
Assembly Kit Includes:
- 1 - Sawyer 0.1 Absolute Micron Hollow Fiber Membrane Filter
- 1 - Adapter
- 1 - Hose
- 1 - Hole Cutter
- 1 - Filter tip cap
- 1 - Filter Hanger
- 1 - Cleaning Syringe
- 1 - Backwash instruction sticker for the bucket
- Detailed Instruction Sheet
Easy Set-up & Use
The ease of operating the PointONE filter makes it self-sustainable and dependable. It can be installed in minutes, and the only external force required for the system to function is gravity. The kit provided includes everything needed to attach the filter to any plastic bucket or container and begin filtering water.
To install the system, users:
- Obtain a clean bucket or plastic container.
- Use the hole cutter to drill a hole 1.5 inches from the bottom of the bucket (you can do this by hand).
- Screw the connector, hose and filter onto the bucket.
- Fill the bucket with water from any source, lower the filter head below the water line, and let gravity do the rest.
Maintenance of this filter is very easy and quick. When the filter starts to slow down or clog, simply backwash it with clean water using the syringe provided in the kit; it takes less than 2 minutes.
Since the filters can continuously be backwashed and re-used, they have an extremely long life expectancy. The ease of operating this system makes it self-sustainable and dependable. The Sawyer PointONE can last for up to 10+ years.
The small size and easy set-up of the Sawyer PointONE means that it can be easily delivered to remote locations. You can fit over 100 in a single suitcase. And while robust enough to sustain dozens of people per filter, the Sawyer PointONE is also compact enough to be safely stored in individual homes.
Completely eliminating the need to boil and store water, the Sawyer PointONE provides filtered and purified water for drinking, but also for cleaning, bathing, cooking, watering plants and animals, and more.
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter System
The Sawyer Squeeze Filter System is the ultimate combination of high capacity and minimal weight. It includes 3 pouches (0.5 L, 1 L and 2 L) that can be reused hundreds of times. With a total field weight of 3 ounces and ability to roll up, it takes up virtually no space in your bag.
All Sawyer filters deliver 0.1 absolute micron biological filtration, removing 7 log (99.99999%) of all bacteria like Salmonella, E. coli, Vibrio cholerae and Salmonella typhi (which cause Cholera and Typhoid); and 6 log (99.9999%) of all protozoa such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
- 3 - Lightweight Durable Collapsible Pouches (0.5 L , 1 L, and 2 L pouch)
- 1 - Replaceable Pop Up Drinking Spout
- 1 - Sawyer 0.1 Absolute Micron Hollow Fiber Membrane Screw On/Off Water Filter
- 1 - Cleaning Syringe
- Cleaning and Maintenance Instructions
Directions For Use:
Simply fill up the pouch of your choice at a lake, stream or river, screw the filter directly onto the pouch and:
- Squeeze the bag and filter water into your water bottle or container of choice.
- Drink directly from the filter which has a built in push pull cap for on/off functions.
- Attach the filter onto most threaded water bottles including 2 liter bottles.
Case study - Ecuador Project
MAP International launched a Pure Water Pilot Project in 2010 to test the effects of the filters on the health of rural communities. Communities from each of the three regions of Ecuador, the Coast, the Andes, and the Amazon were included in this Pilot Project.
Plan: Part 4 of 4
Safe Water for Rural Communities of Ecuador
Download study: here
To inquire about or purchase from Sawyer
We've partnered with more than 100 different organizations in over 70 countries. We'd love to work with your organization, group, or church too!
For more information, questions or comments, or to order a filter today:
Please contact us at email@example.com.
P.O. Box 188
Safety Harbor, FL 34695
Phone: 1+ 800.356.7811
Fax: 1+ 727.725.1954
Corporate Sales: 1+ 800.940.4464
For inquiries about in-country pick-ups, please contact one of our international distributors.