ProCleanse - Water Filtration
EFFECTIVE, SUSTAINABLE, LOW COST POINT-OF-USE FILTRATION DEVICE FOR CLEAN, SAFE DRINKING WATER.
This was the motivation behind the development of the ProCleanse™ Water Filtration device. This simple to use filter meets the World Health Organization’s (WHO) “Highly Protective” category for bacteria and protozoa and the “Protective” category for viruses. The filter does not require any chemicals or replacement parts. It processes enough water to support a family of 6 and has a functional working life of 10 years.
A single ProCleanse™ Water Filtration unit provides clean, safe water for a family of 4 to 6 every day for 10 years or more. The unit is capable of producing more than 180,000 liters (~48,000 gallons) over a ten year period at a cost of $0.001 per liter. The end result is safe and clean drinking water for use in individual households around the world where the need is critical.
Ease of Use
Water is poured into the ﬁrst chamber through the diﬀuser and gravity drives water through the ﬁltration media, providing clean, safe drinking water stored in the second chamber ready for use.
- Eﬀective against Bacteria, Viruses and Cysts
- Clears water: reduces turbidity on average to less than 5 NTU’s
- Ability to produce 4 — 8 liters (1 — 2 gal) per hour
- Built in safe water storage
- Easy to transport at less than 40 lbs pre‐ﬁlled
- Requires no assembly — ready for use on day one
- No chemicals or energy required to operate
- No replacement parts
- Eﬀective for more than 10 years
- Minimal maintenance required
- Residual disinfection beneﬁt